Type into - Type Date format

This is what is going on. My code is supposed to input a date in a field on a web application. The date narrows down the data I am requesting when I submit the query. Unfortunately, it appears the date entered is being ignored because the process continues to pull data as if I did not enter the date. I thought maybe because the date is in string format, that the string is ignored ? It needs a date format on the type into ? How can I type in a date in date format in the field ?

Sorry that the question may sound a bit vague but this is what I have.

Thanks.

1 Like

can you please attach a screenshot of the date picker?

A screen shot of the “ Type into “ activity or of the date field on the web application ?

Thanks.

Hi @Anjiba,
Did that date appear on the input field after the execution of type into activity?

if you could show both, it would be better.

The field populates but its almost like it hasn’t been keyed in …. the process continues with assumption that nothing was entered in

I slowed down the automation - the date is not been entered in the field

@Anjiba,

Disable the Simulate type and enter 50 for the DelayBetweenKeys property then check again.

1 Like

are you able to type it manually?
Or else try to set that value in clipboard and then click on that field and use send hotkeys ctrl+v

Yes, I can type it in manually. How do you set a value to the clipboard ?

Whatever the value you are set in type into same use in set to clipboard

Hi @Anjiba,
Use the set text Activity. I also had a similar issue, that’s solved by using set text Activity.
Give it a try.

Thanks Shan , that works.

1 Like