Type Into bug on 20.10.X

After I upgrade the UiAutomation package to 20.4.3 => 20.10.X the activity “Type Into” and “Type Secure Text” is not working as expected.
On a single field (of password type), whenever the robot try to type something, it duplicates some letters. That seen to happens only to that field, and only when using “Simulate Type” option.
Activity Properties:

Execution Result:

I changed the HTML type of this field from password to text so we can see the result, but the same happens if I keep in ‘password’.

This seen to only happen on this specific field, in UiAutomation v20.10.X, 20.4.x is working as expected.
The bug do not happens when using IE instead of Chrome, and the same occurs with the new Type activities from UiAutomationNext (inside UiAutomation 20.10).

My Studio is version 20.4.

Hi,
Please verify the UiPath.Core.Activities is updated version in manage packages, Select the EmptyField property and unselect the SimulateType property

Core is updated and this field only works with SimulateType

thank you very much for the heads up, we will investigate

@lucas.stern what Chrome exact version are u using? thanks

V. 86.0.4240.198 64bits

Hi @lucas.stern

Two asks :slight_smile:

• could you see if the issue still happens on the latest UIAutomation pacakge? (currently 20.12.0-preview, or 20.10.8 stable)
  • if yes, could you maybe share access to the page with this particular input or a sample HTML file that reproduces this input box?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like
  • could you see if the issue still happens on the latest UIAutomation pacakge? (currently 20.12.0-preview, or 20.10.8 stable)

I tested again with all posible flavors of the TypeIntoSecureText activity, with both these package versions, same thing happens.

• if yes, could you maybe share access to the page with this particular input or a sample HTML file that reproduces this input box?

No problem, is a brazilian public website, so you guys must be able to access, only will not have the credencials, but it’s not necessary to check this error. :stuck_out_tongue:https://tesourodireto.bmfbovespa.com.br/

Awesome, thank you. I checked and on my end it seems to be working correctly :sweat_smile:

Could you maybe offer a zip of a new, sample project that reproduces the issue for you?

Actually, scratch that, it reproduces :slight_smile:

1 Like

A small update - the fix for this issue will be released in one of the next releases of our UIAutomation pacakge.

Nice! Thank you @loginerror .

Just for curiosity, can you share with me why this issue happened? It’s the only time I got something like that.

It was specific to this webpage. The way our type into activity interacts with the page got mixed up with some scripts that execute on the password field as you type it in.

1 Like