"Type Into" activity jumps back to first row second cell in SAP, even if the robot enters data in fourth or fifth row first cell

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone can help me but i am doing a data entry using excel and iterating it via “For Each Excel Row” activity in studio. The problem i am facing is that when the bot reaches the second row, it correctly identifies the first cell of the second row and enters the data from the excel, and then i send the “TAB” key to move towards the second cell, but somehow it then goes back to the second cell of the first row.

The bot continues through the entire sheet, where it successfully identifies the first cell of all the rows it has to type the data into but for every second cell in each row it goes back to the first row second cell and enters the new data.

Has anyone faced this issue and if so how were they able to navigate around this?

Thanks
U2022!

1 Like

Hey @Newuser22

After pressing tab, you will be using a type into I believe for entering the data into the second cell.

Kindly make sure that type into doesn’t have the selector belonging to first cell.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Hi @Nithinkrishna, the type into does have the selector belonging to the first cell, what should i do so that the second cell in the second row doesnt have that? Also the number of rows would depend on the number of rows in the excel sheet.

1 Like

Hey @Newuser22

Just check some attributes of the selector to see if you can use the row number as an attribute to the selector.

Or as a last case you can even use idx which will be an alias for the row number attribute.

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.