Type activity issue

Hello,
Currently, I am working on project related to mouse, keyboard and type. My task is to save a file in specific path. Using click OCR, I can click in the path area (red marked zone). Now I have to type a desired path. But when i try to use “type into” activities, it is not working. Can you suggest anything regarding typing in the red marked zone.

Regards,
Ekram

Untitled

You don’t have to use the Click activity before Type Into, and you shouldn’t be using Click OCR anyway. Click OCR is for when you can’t directly access an object with a selector. Here, you can. What is the selector you have for the Type Into? What application is this?

Thank you for the information. Currently, I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader

Hi @Ekram,

Instead of clicking at this location to navigate to a path, I would suggest to type full path in File name location, it works consistently well.

We have faced this issue multiple times wherein even if you manage to click and navigate to a location(using section shown in your screenshot), its working is not consistent.

Hence, I would request to use an alternative solution suggested above.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Yes. I stored the full path in one variable. Now my plan is to type path in the path area. And I am also looking for more feasible solution for that task.

Hi @Ekram,

This should work fine on typing that full path in file name area(path name area also we had tried, not that consistent it is).

We have tried multiple solutions on different projects around this problem statement, but this one was found the best and consistent of all.

However, in case, you happen to come across any else consistent solution on this, please let me know as well, would be happy to know :slight_smile:

Regards
Sonali

There isn’t a more feasible solution. Typing the entire path and filename into the filename box is how you do this. Try it yourself. Manually type a path into the filename box.

1 Like

Typing is working properly. Thank you

Hi @Ekram,

Good to hear that :slight_smile:

Now that this issue is resolved, I would request to mark solution so this topic can be closed.

Regards
Sonali

You are supposed to mark the comment that’s the actual solution, not the last comment.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.