Two triggers set to run 1 job, won't both run at the same time

We have a Process which takes parameters to determine which queue it runs out of. We have two queue triggers (each linked to different queues, with a different value for the QueueName parameter). We cannot run multiple jobs simultaneously from the same queue, so both triggers are set to only run one job.

But neither trigger will run a job if the other trigger has already started a job. The “maximum number of pending and running jobs” setting is not looking at “jobs started from this trigger” it’s looking at “any job running for this process.”

This isn’t how it should work. Each trigger should only care about whether it has started the job or not.

So I had an idea that putting a very high number (higher than either queue would ever reach) into the “another job is triggered for each ____ items” setting. This would prevent either trigger from starting 2 jobs, but would allow us to set the max number of running jobs to 2 so that both triggers can run at the same time.

I went to try this and found…

I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous. There’s no reason this should be limited to 10,000. It’s an arbitrary, needless limitation. I need to put a number in there like 5000000 to make sure each trigger never starts a second job while having the other setting at 2 so both triggers can create simultaneous jobs (which shouldn’t be prevented in the first place).

@loginerror I need UiPath input on all this. We are being prevented from doing something very simple and straightforward.

If you are on-prem, there is a setting for changing the maximum number of jobs to be per trigger, instead of per process, or even to set no limit: https://docs.uipath.com/installation-and-upgrade/docs/uipath-orchestrator-dll-config#triggersjobscountstrategy

This is somewhat useful, but it shouldn’t be a global setting. It should be a setting within the triggers themselves so that different strategies can be used for different processes.