Two robots on the same user in the same community orchestrator

Hello,

I have created one RPA process and I have scheduled the RPA bot as a time trigger. And I have used a queue for the data process. Now, I have two machines VM(Virtual machine) and Local machine, and the requirement is to connect these two machines for the same user in the same orchestrator and RPA is running parallelly into two machines as a single queue. For example, there are 50 records in the queue so RPA divides the data into two machines as 25 and RPA running parallel on two machines.

When I am trying to connect these two machines on the same orchestrator but only one machine is showing the connected, licensed and the other is connected but showing unlicensed.

So how we can connect two different machines on the same user in the same orchestrator of Apollo Design layout in Community edition?

Thank you.

There are no issues with running concurrent Jobs for the same process and/or queue if that is how your flow is designed to handle.

I’m guessing you are using Attended Type Robots (Studio or Attended) currently. The first Robot to connect to orchestrator will be issued the license. You will either need to create a secondary user for the other machine or modify your user for an Unattended Robot in the user configuration.

I would recommend Unattended Robot if that is the intent. Note however with Community you only get 1 Unattended Runtime.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for the response!!

Now, It’s working for me and I have connected two machines on the same orchestrator and both are licensed. But now, I have to use a single queue for multiple robot execution in UiPath Orchestrator for parallel proces. For example, there are 50 records in the queue so RPA divides the data into two machines as 25 and RPA running parallel on two machines.

But now, when I trying to start the job for a particular process, so that time I am not able to allocate both the machines at a time for that job in the newly updated orchestrator of Apollo Design layout. I am only used one at a time in any of the machines.

So how to use a single queue for multiple robot or machines execution in UiPath Orchestrator in the new apollo design layout.

Thank you.

Queues don’t care which user/robot is running the job, a process will request a queue item and then adjust the Queue Item status accordingly along with any data updates. The queue is a red herring as unless your process is explicitly grabbing queue items in bulk its being processed one at a time.

If you are still using Community Edition of Orchestrator you are still restricted to 1 Unattended Runtime and there for, only a single concurrent unattended job. Attended Robots CAN NOT be started from Orchestrator.

When you are starting a Job in Orchestrtaor you select the Runtime License type you want to use, and the Machine Template to which it could be a specific machine or ANY Machine. Along with increasing the Allocate dynamically n times field you indicate how many jobs you want to start.

IF you are also wanting to select a specific Account (User/Robot) to use, that must be enabled un Tenant > Settings > General > Enable account-machine mappings under the Modern Folders header.

You’ll then get another field to specify a specific account

Otherwise generally speaking your pool of Accounts and Machines should be similary configured that it shouldn’t matter which combination is used and using ANY User/Robot and ANY Machine is the best practice for maximizing utilization when Security constraints are not a concern.

I wanted to mention you don’t need to keep stating “Apollo Design Layout”, that is just a given if you are using a modern version (>2020) of Orchestrator Enterprise Private or Cloud (Community / Enterprise) more so on Cloud as you don’t have a choice in the matter. If you are in Cloud you’ll generally be on the latest which is currently on Version 22.1.28-release.14