Twilio SMS Error - Method not found: 'Void RestSharp.RestClient.set_BaseUrl

Does anyone have an idea for a direction to take with the following error? I start the Twilio plugin workflow and it fails. I’m not seeing anything in the Twilio logs for attempted access.

Main has thrown an exception

Message: Method not found: ‘Void RestSharp.RestClient.set_BaseUrl(System.String)’.

Source: Send sms message

Exception Type: MissingMethodException

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘Void RestSharp.RestClient.set_BaseUrl(System.String)’.
at Twilio.TwilioRestClient…ctor(String accountSid, String authToken, String accountResourceSid)
at Twilio.Workflow.Activities.SendSmsMessage.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

I am also looking for a resolution on this error message. Has anyone else faced this issue before?

hey, just running the same error. Did you find the reason behind ? thanks

Bastien

Hi @badita can you please clarify on this, me too having the same exception thrown while working with this Send SMS Message activity under Twilio.I’ve provided all parameters including “Account SID” and “Auth Token”. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Ranjith.

Hi Guys,
Even I am facing same issue. Please do let me know if there any solution for the same. I tried alternative option as mentioned in the other related posts but no luck.

Thanks and Regards
Amit Bhatt

this is no longer supported by UiPath Studio

Hi Gabriel.

Do you know of any other method of sending SMS?
Thanks!

Not at this point, sorry.

I can think of a couple of options, I haven’t actually had a chance to try any though:

1. Use the native web service stuff in UiPath to consume the web service of somewhere that offers a webservice option for sending an sms (e.g. in Australia I think messagemedia has this)

2. Create a custom library to make sms happen (Using external dll library in a project)

3. Find a email to sms place (e.g. Email to SMS, Send & Receive Email to Text via Outlook & Gmail) and just send the emails from uipath and have that service send to sms

I’d love to see something native in UiPath honestly, but I’m going to need to have a go at one of the above soon.

Hi @Gabriel_Tatu… would it be removed from the uipath activities panel in the latest version?
What will the the future plan or path towards the cognitive mode of Uipath ?

I don t have that information now, but keep watching this forum for news.

Hello,

This issue is happening because twilio is trying to create the RestClient_BaseUrl (BaseUrl method is not available in RestSharp.105.0.1 which is part of our UiPath.Core.Activities. The BaseUrl was part of RestSharp.104 which got updated to URI, which is causing this.

hi,

please can you tell me how to send sms to multiple phone numbers.

thanks.

@dilsher_khan I guess UiPath has not using Twilio now for sending SMS.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. I just checked it yesterday. It’s working fine for me .

Thanks

1 Like

Good !!, care to share me the steps to achieve sending sms or xaml file?

Download it from given link.

Thanks.