Trying to click, hover, and select an option

Hi! I’ve been working in UiPath Studio to automate filtering in Google sheets.

What I want to do is click on “Data,” hover over “filter views…” and click on “create new temporary filter view.”

I’ve recorded the steps one-by-one and all at once, and I get the following error:

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: <html app='chrome.exe' title='Cybersecurity &amp; Privacy Team Availability - 4/1/2019 - Google Sh*' /><webctrl parentid=':i2' tag='DIV' /> ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: <html app='chrome.exe' title='Cybersecurity &amp; Privacy Team Availability - 4/1/2019 - Google Sh*' /><webctrl parentid=':i2' tag='DIV' />
   at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)
   at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)
   --- End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace ---
   at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

I was wondering if I could get guidance on how to fix this error. I’ve looked it up, and many have suggested exactly what I was doing, so I wasn’t sure where the issue was coming from. Thank you!

@emozaffar

“SelectorNotFoundException” is due to the dynamic selector.

Every interactive activity you’re trying to achieve, make the selectors stable.

For instance <html app=‘chrome.exe’ title='Cybersecurity &amp; Privacy Team Availability - 4/1/2019 - Google Sh’ /><webctrl parentid=‘:i2’ tag=‘DIV’ />*. Here Title attribute is dynamic, which may change for every refresh or every day.

Replace WildCard(*) with dynamic portion in the attribute and also try to use stable attributes like “aaname”. Just work around with attributes to get stable selectors.

Reference:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.