Try catch cannot bypass the error

I have an image click button inside Try when the image is unavailable should log an error message, this is what the activity is failed to do. Could someone please help me to understand my mistake?

Hi @raym174 :wave:

How have you handled the catch block? Could you share the workflow or a screenshot?

Can you send the screenshot of the exception which you are getting?? @raym174

ExtractJobsData.zip (8.2 KB)

Hi @monsieurrahul and @Manish540 Due to size could not able to upload the project. I am trying to play around with UiPath to develop a robot that can apply jobs for job seekers based on the criteria and site user provide. I hope you will be able to open the xaml file which is performing the data extraction of the link where the job is available and applying. There are two challenges for me-

1. when company site opens where i have to find an apply button
  2. Try catch error when it cannot find the button in the page

Hope this attachment will help.

Thanks and regards, Malay Ray

If you want to identify a UI element despite its position in the page, why don’t you try using Element Exists activity?

@monsieurrahul you are right but using Element Exist will increase two more activities, so I am looking for your suggestion in Try catch, as it is created. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

I saw your workflow, you have used 2 try-catches. What are you trying to do here? Could you be a bit more specific?

@monsieurrahul any one window may open when the Apply button is clicked, it might open a window with a button “Skip and apply” or another window with button “Continue to apply”. So, i used two try and catch as I am not sure which window will open when. Thanks for quick response :slight_smile: