Trouble with installation, reopening as new setup each time

I can run the program fine, through the setup file downloaded from UiPath. When I close the program and reopen it, it’s like a brand new installation each time. I lose all the activities libraries I downloaded. I lose the recognition of the Chrome extension, even though Chrome still has it.

I need instead for this to be recognized as an application, not a new setup, and keep all my prior settings, libraries, etc. I tried moving the download to the program files, but it did not work.

Is this why it’s a “community edition”? Most likely I’m not doing something right with file location - running setup each time instead of opening the application. It’s the only instance of it I can see though.

Thanks

1 Like

If you search for it in your start menu it should show you the actual app. Then right click and add it to your taskbar for easy access.

Hope that works!

Unfortunately it does not work. Regardless of how I arrive at the app, I lose all previous settings whenever it closes.

I think it must be solved by far now, but just in case the other wondering, I found the explanation here:

and why it restarts every time:

1 Like

You can copy UiPath from here (though it’s not necessary) C:\Users_Ur username_\AppData\Local\UiPath and paste it some where it safe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and open UiPath folder and you will see UiStudio.exe and create a shortcut or pin it to task bar. Hope it helps!

I have the same problem, But can’t find the .exe file in the path you provided. There is only a config file