Triggers not running

Hi, I have like 10 triggers scheduled for a process. I have 5 that runs every 1 minute and 5 that runs every 5 minutes. The problem is, the UiPath Orchestrator never runs one of the triggers that scheduled to run every 5 minutes.

FYI, It is running without any issues manually.

Please let me know what can be the problem.

Thanks!

@Himanshu_Punj

when you say never runs does it fail?

if so what is the error?

or it does not start only?

cheers

@Anil_G It does not start at all. When I manually triggers it runs fine.

Double-check the trigger configurations for the one that’s not running as expected. Make sure the schedule is set up correctly.
Confirm that the user account used for running the scheduled job has the necessary permissions to execute the process and access the required resources.

Or verify that the resources (robots) required to execute the job are available and not in use by other jobs at the scheduled time.
Make sure there are no environmental issues or network problems.

@Anuja_Ravikant_Khamitkar When you said the robots should be available, shouldn’t the trigger create a job still in pending state? Because many times robots are busy working on other jobs.

@Himanshu_Punj

are both same processes?

if yes then if a pending job is already present then the next pending job wont be created

cheers

@Himanshu_Punj I agree if bot is already engaged for a process in Pending State a new pending job will not be created for the same process until the existing pending job has been executed or canceled.

@Himanshu_Punj

Please check the Triggers.JobsCountStrategy in the Orchestrator dll config. it should be set to “No Limit” to allow multiple jobs to be in pending state irrespective of the count.

For details, please refer the documentation https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2020.10/installation-guide/uipath-orchestrator-dll-config#triggers

Cheers

@Venkat4

this is possible only for on prem

cheers

@Anil_G

Yes… I am referring to on premise Orchestrator.

@Himanshu_Punj

Can you confirm if you are using UiPath cloud Orchestrator or on premise Orchestrator.

Cheers

@Himanshu_Punj

ensure that the robot executing the scheduled trigger every 5 minutes is available and not busy when the trigger is supposed to run.

Yes they are same. There were no pending jobs of the same trigger and it still did not create any jobs. I am on cloud.

@Himanshu_Punj

becasue its same process…if a pending job is there for 1 min trigger then it might effect 5 also

cheers

@Anil_G I have a single process and 10 triggers for them. So you mean for this same process if trigger A is in pending state then the trigger B wouldn’t be fired?

@Himanshu_Punj

yes…you can try…becasue the pending jobs are based on processname and not the trigger name…the triggers are different but process is same

try creating there triggers for everyminute for same process one will start…one will go to pending…other would not start even…would throw maximum pending jobs

cheers

Hi @Himanshu_Punj

since you are using cloud orchestrator, as a work around you can try creating multiple processes with the same package and schedule with different triggers. Hope this should help to solve your problem with triggers.

cheers