Trigger on queue, heartbeat

Hello Community

I was wondering how the trigger on queue works. I have a process, which only seems to start automatically if there is being pushed a new item to the queue, but not if there already are ‘new’ items in the queue.

How could we solve this?

In addition, Is there a kind of heartbeat/frequency in minutes where the process checks the queue?

Best regards

It will trigger if there are already items in the queue. Orchestrator checks periodically (I think the default is every 15 minutes) if there is anything in the Queue.

However, you should build your automation so that it processes an item from the Queue, loops back to the beginning and looks to see if there is another item in the Queue and processes it, etc until there are no more items in the Queue.

hi @postwick

Ty for a great answer

“However, you should build your automation so that it processes an item from the Queue, loops back to the beginning and looks to see if there is another item in the Queue and processes it, etc until there are no more items in the Queue.”

I am certainly doing this :slight_smile:

There is a dispatcher and performer, and a very short SLA. so preferably the performer should start up immediately, even though it loses the connection to orhcestrator and stops the job completely. “Job stopped with an unexpected exit code” ← This classic occcurs sometimes for example.

Orchestrator checks periodically (I think the default is every 15 minutes) if there is anything in the Queue.”

Do you know if theres a way to shorten this frequency? :slight_smile:

Best regards

There is, but of course checking too often could be problematic for performance.

I believe what you need to change is Queue.ProcessActivationSchedule in the web.config file for Orchestrator.

However, if your issue is that your Job is faulting because of error, then you need to be doing proper error handling.

This seems to be the answer, sort of.

But I do not have this file on the computer, when using Cloud Orchestrator.

Do you know how to adjust the Queue.ProcessActivationSchedule in a cloud orchestrator :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

You may not be able to. You’d have to ask UiPath support.