Tooltips for Activities in Libraries

Hi @loginerror,

Thanks for the update. We’ll keep an eye on the release notes to see when this feature has been implemented.

-Corey

@loginerror Are custom icons, property descriptions and formatting (like checkboxes and dropdowns) and activity layouts also on said radar? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @evangemert

Well, now they are :slight_smile: It’s been added to the list of suggestions, devs will decide if or rather when :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is doable in 2019.4 (already available in beta channel). See this blog post for more info :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is solved now, in 2019.4 (Right click your Library activity and choose “Properties” to make description.
However, it is still not possible to make tooltips for all the parameters / arguments used by the custom activity. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks, loginerror! But I think it’s still not doable, since the update only added a Toolltip to the Activity and not the arguments that are passed to (or from) that activity (example below). Since I am now creating custom activities for my own Framework, I would also like this feature.

Is it possible to move this to a user-submitted idea? :slight_smile:

Current for Standard Activities

Current for Custom Activities

1 Like

Hi @x.Rei.Ai.x

Have you tried annotating arguments in the Arguments pane? :slight_smile:

Just tried it! Annotated arguments in the library project, then published the library. Checked the custom activities it created in a new project, and the annotations did not show as a tooltip when hovering over the arguments’ names in the Properties pane.

Did I not do it right?

What is your version of Studio? :slight_smile:
See here on the latest 2019.10 Preview:

2 Likes

Ah… I’m supposed to be on Enterprise Edition, but somehow managed to activate an Enterprise License with a Community Edition version… I prefer to work with the latest UiPath innovations, so I’m afraid to try to upgrade and lose my Enterprise-Community Edition (lol).

Why does Enterprise Edition have to be a year behind Community Edition all the time :cry:

1 Like

Hi @x.Rei.Ai.x

Do you own UiPath license? If so, feel free to check out the Insider’s program :slight_smile:
It gives access to the latest MSI Enterprise installer.

Check it out here:

Thanks, man! This looks promising. I will give it a shot. I mostly just want to be able to use the latest Community Edition in an enterprise environment (Enterprise Orchestrator). When I had spoken to UiPath Support last month, they were confused as to how I could have a version 2019.7 of “Enterprise Edition”. I explained to them that I activated our Enterprise License on a Community Edition, after explaining we just want the latest offerings as soon as they’re released.

They never mentioned an Insider Program! :laughing:

1 Like

Then the Insider’s will be your go-to place. It has a direct link to the MSI installer with the same version as the CE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is such a huge bug IMO. I have tried the same. My old Community Studio was changed to get the license from our orchestrator, and now I have a Community Enterprise Studio, which self-updates to the newest monthly updates, which is truly dangerous to have in a multiple developers setup.

Hi @loginerror,

i am just creating custom activity and tooltip is in activities, could you please tell me how i can put tool tip over my input arguments.

Thanks

Hi @Tech_Vijay_Chauhan

Welcome back!

Do you mean a library project? If so, you can add an annotation to your input/output arguments here:

These are then converted to tooltips upon publishing.

Hey @loginerror. Tooltips are an amazing addition for custom libraries’ arguments. To @evangemert’s point back in Dec '18, are checkboxes and dropdowns still on the dev list of possible enhancements? I can see how they’re available with custom activities built with Visual Studio Code through enumerations, and it would be great to be able to limit a string in argument to a list of expected values within custom libraries built in UiPath Studio as well. See Dropdown Selection Property of Custom Activity

1 Like

Per @bogdanripa during today’s 2020 Preview of New Features & Innovation, the ability to use enumerations to limit options for in arguments within custom Studio activities is not yet possible but planned for an upcoming update. No more extraneous If Then Else checks in custom Studio activities to validate these inputs - awesome!

2 Likes