Tooltips for Activities in Libraries

Hi,

When you hover over a UiPath activity in the ‘Activities’ pane a small tool tip appears, giving some additional information about the activity. A screen capture illustrating this is below:

This tool tip isn’t available for our custom activities that we’ve created as workflows in a UiPath library project. A screen capture illustrating this is below:

Does anyone know if it is possible to include some metadata or other information for workflows in our library projects that will display as a tool tip like this? It would help in providing some additional context about our reusable activities.

With thanks.

-Corey

1 Like

Hi @techxplorer

You must add description in custom activity.

Make sure you are using correct syntax.

Have a look below discussion.

Regards,
Naitik

1 Like

Hi @naitik.s,

Unfortunately I’m not writing a custom activity using custom code. Rather I’m using a UiPath Library project as documented here.

Any thoughts on achieving the same result for workflows that are published as activities via a Library project?

With thanks.

-Corey

Hi @techxplorer

Sorry, but I’m not having any clue about that.

Regards,
Naitik

Hi @techxplorer

This feature is not yet available, but is on our radar :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi @loginerror,

Thanks for the update. We’ll keep an eye on the release notes to see when this feature has been implemented.

-Corey

@loginerror Are custom icons, property descriptions and formatting (like checkboxes and dropdowns) and activity layouts also on said radar? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @evangemert

Well, now they are :slight_smile: It’s been added to the list of suggestions, devs will decide if or rather when :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is doable in 2019.4 (already available in beta channel). See this blog post for more info :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It is solved now, in 2019.4 (Right click your Library activity and choose “Properties” to make description.
However, it is still not possible to make tooltips for all the parameters / arguments used by the custom activity. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

Thanks, loginerror! But I think it’s still not doable, since the update only added a Toolltip to the Activity and not the arguments that are passed to (or from) that activity (example below). Since I am now creating custom activities for my own Framework, I would also like this feature.

Is it possible to move this to a user-submitted idea? :slight_smile:

Current for Standard Activities

Current for Custom Activities

1 Like

Hi @x.Rei.Ai.x

Have you tried annotating arguments in the Arguments pane? :slight_smile:

Just tried it! Annotated arguments in the library project, then published the library. Checked the custom activities it created in a new project, and the annotations did not show as a tooltip when hovering over the arguments’ names in the Properties pane.

Did I not do it right?

What is your version of Studio? :slight_smile:
See here on the latest 2019.10 Preview:

2 Likes

Ah… I’m supposed to be on Enterprise Edition, but somehow managed to activate an Enterprise License with a Community Edition version… I prefer to work with the latest UiPath innovations, so I’m afraid to try to upgrade and lose my Enterprise-Community Edition (lol).

Why does Enterprise Edition have to be a year behind Community Edition all the time :cry:

1 Like

Hi @x.Rei.Ai.x

Do you own UiPath license? If so, feel free to check out the Insider’s program :slight_smile:
It gives access to the latest MSI Enterprise installer.

Check it out here:

Thanks, man! This looks promising. I will give it a shot. I mostly just want to be able to use the latest Community Edition in an enterprise environment (Enterprise Orchestrator). When I had spoken to UiPath Support last month, they were confused as to how I could have a version 2019.7 of “Enterprise Edition”. I explained to them that I activated our Enterprise License on a Community Edition, after explaining we just want the latest offerings as soon as they’re released.

They never mentioned an Insider Program! :laughing:

1 Like

Then the Insider’s will be your go-to place. It has a direct link to the MSI installer with the same version as the CE :slight_smile:

2 Likes