Tips on how to pass the Practical Exam (Certification)

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the details

Hey, quick qs
You mean update the project.json file? And update it with just the project details?

Did you rename all your activities, arguments and variables? I see that alot of people who fail said that their report said that they left/didn’t change hardcoded values. Which ones are these exactly if you know?/think they will be.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Yes, update the project details in the project.json… like name and description.

Hard coding - Design and develop your workflow such that you do not need to change it if any input parameter changes. All the values should go in the config file.
e.g., if you are developing an workflow for the processing the work item of type WI5, do not hard code it rather put that in the config file.

3 Likes

Oh so for example you would have in your config file something like:
Name ---------------------------Value
Filter_Type---------------------WI5
Status_Open------------------Open
WIID_Filter--------------------500000
And when you’re doing the actual filtering you’d go (once its all imported via in_Config(“Filter_Type”).toString):

row(“Type”).Equals(Filter_Type) AND row(Status).Equals(Status_Open) AND CINT(row(“WIID”)) < WIID_Filter

Something like this?

2 Likes

yes… that is correct

1 Like

Thanks mate! Just nervous for the practical…

Don’t worry. be cool and you will do well.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the write up, so I only need to complete
“RPA Developer Foundation” and “Level 3 - Advanced Training” in order to have enough knowledge to be able to take the certification exam?
I just finished RPA Developer Foundation and on my way to Level 3 - Advanced Training
but on my “Learning Plan” home page aside from the two I see 6 more courses namely “RPA Developer - SAP Automation Training”, “UiPath Security Training”, “UiPath Licensing Training”, “AI Computer Vision 2.0”, “UiPath 2018.4 Updates”, “UiPath 2019.4 Updates”

Am I right to think I don’t necessarily need to go through those 6 more courses^ for the certification exam? It took me more than a week to finish the RPA Dev course and right now this Level 3 course I can see it will really take me a while and skimming through it I concluded I need to finish and solve the assignments as soon as possible such that I would still be able to take the free certification exam which right now ends on Mar 31.

By any chance, will the end date for free certification will get extended?

@RPA_Python - Welcome to the UiPath Forum Community. You can use the forum if you have any difficulties in performing the level 3 assignments. Before posting please go through the guidelines Forum FAQ - Beginner’s guide

Yes, you are correct. If you finish RPA Developer Foundation and Level 3 - Advanced Training, you should be good enough to take the certification. Make sure you are very much comfortable with the concepts you will be applying the Level 3 - Advanced Training esp how to use the different kinds of the TransactionItem in the RE framework

Please note advanced developer certification is now free until April 30th, 2020! So you do not need to rush.

1 Like

@Alag - Welcome to the UiPath Forum Community.Before posting please go through the guidelines Forum FAQ - Beginner’s guide

Please note advanced developer certification is now free until April 30th, 2020!

1 Like

Hi Devarajan,

Thank you for the reply and the good news, sorry for the late response. Also, as you have asked me to check the guidelines before posting, apologies if anything went wrong with my post, as I am not able to see what is wrong.

Thanks & best regards,
Alagammai

@alag there was nothing wrong. I just mentioned to go through the guidelines as you are new to the forum.

Oh… ok, thank you, I just got worried and wondering what went wrong

1 Like

Hi All,

Does the practical exam ask you to send email as part of the automation solution? I am facing some issues with the send email on my laptop and hence the question.

thanks

Hi! :slight_smile:
Do you know if we will still have to take a practical exam for this certification? There’s no mention of it in the details of the exam. I will try to take it next week, that’s why I am asking.
Thank you!

Claudia
I think this certification has been taken off.

Please refer the details in this link - RPA Certification Advanced RPA Developer | UiPath

Hi Claudia,
may I ask if there was a practical exam for this certification and how would you rate the level of difficulty?

1 Like

Hi @jochen.wieland,

I took the UiPath Certified Advanced RPA Developer last month.

There was no practical section where you need to create a project and submit it.

There was no practical exam to be submitted but the questions are formulated some to test the theory you have learned and some to test how would you’ll apply this theory in practice (like exercises) and how much you have practiced prior the exam. This will show on your final score I think. Difficulty level, medium (as advice, learn and understand and practice ReFramework very well).

Good luck!

1 Like