Tip for correct Selector

Hello Colleaques,

Any tips for me how i could select reliably person name from the list according to transactionitem. I have first and lastname variables and they output correct data. I have tried using this one for example without any luck:

"<webctrl tag='TABLE' /><webctrl aaname='"+lastName+","+firstName+"' colName='"+lastName+","+firstName+"' innertext='"+lastName+","+firstName+"' />"

Hi,

Can you change the selector as show in attached sceenshot., use {{}} instead of + to add variables. Other way is you can assign complete selector value in a string variable and you can use that variable

Please try and revert back

@MikkoS
as mentioned above the {{VariableOrArgumentName}} is to prefer as also with the default values the selector can be validated/tested

give a try on following:
<webctrl tag='TABLE' /> <webctrl innertext='{{constructedNamewithCommaVar}}' tag='TD'/>

for selecting the cell. If row selection works then use TR and innertext=β€˜{{constructedNamewithCommaVar}}’

2 Likes

@MikkoS - you can assign both last n first variables to one string variable and pass it to parameter

`strPersonName = lastName +β€œ,”+firstName

"<webctrl tag='TABLE' /><webctrl aaname='"+lstrPersonName +"' colName='"+strPersonName +"' innertext='"+strPersonName +"' />"

Thank you for the tip. It really looks like you should not use (+) at all. This one handles the job for me…

"<webctrl tag='TABLE' /><webctrl isleaf='1' aaname='{{lastName}}*{{firstName}}' />"

-Mikko-

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.