This program is blocked by group policy. Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704EC
In one of the identified case, the below changes fixed the issue. Please follow the same:
Change group policy settings.
- Log into your account as an administrator.
- Once done, type gpedit.msc , and press Enter .
- Click Local Computer Policy and select Administrative Templates.
- Then select Windows Components and open Windows Defender .
- Select Windows Defender and double-click Turn off Windows Defender option on the right pane.
- In the newly opened window, click Disable.
- Finally, click OK to save the changes.
Kindly reboot the system after applying the changes & verify .
The below link details 4 approaches to solve the issue. Out of which one is listed above.
If applying the above changes didn’t solve the issue, kindly tried the alternate approaches.
Please reach out to your internal IT team to make the necessary changes as they are the most qualified & appropriate team to reach out to related to Organization group policy restrictions.