This activity is either missing or could not be loaded properly (with package installed)

Hello,

I am experiencing the following error:

Even though I have the Excel Activities package installed.

Can anyone help with this? I have read the other topic, but it seems the issue there was not having said package installed.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Did you create this xaml files or download it ? and import to your main xaml ?
@Zamolxis

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

5 Likes

I downloaded it from here.

2 Likes

ah okies @Zamolxis
try to open the project.json file and you will see all the dependencies that you need to install. see image below for your reference.

4 Likes

Thank you.

I tried this now and noticed that if I open the .json before opening the project in Studio, the dependencies section is empty. If I open it after opening the project in studio, the dependencies section reflects what I have in Studio under Package Management.

Trying to open the project in Studio results in another error:

If I delete the .json, the project opens, but I get served the problem I had in the beginning of this topic. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

2 Likes

sorry @Zamolxis I didn’t get your thoughts ! What exactly is the issue.Did you open the proct.json in notepad or notepad++ to see the dependencies that you need to install in nuget ?

3 Likes

Let me try to explain this some other way:

Case 1. I download the project > I open the json with sublime text and there are no dependencies
Case 2. I download the project > I open it in studio > I get this error

Case 3. I download the project > I delete the json > I open the project with studio > I get this error > I open the .json with sublime text and the dependencies are the same as what I already have installed via package manager

Sorry, I hope it makes more sense now.

2 Likes

@Zamolxis Try this solution and let me know

2 Likes

Maybe i should try kindly share this xaml and i will fix it for you once done i will notify once done @Zamolxis

4 Likes

Well,

Here is what you can do, ask the sender to properly open the xaml and press validate button or delete the old JSON and run the xaml once and a new dependency and JSON project file will automatically be created in the file path. This is the long process if the following solution doesn’t work.

Or

You can try opening the xaml and click on the activity or the project tab on your right hand corner and check for missing dependencies and update/install those packages with the correct version (strict installation) and check the json file and see whether they are updated.

Hope this helps, get back if issues still persist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Upon doing this, I get the same error as in my first post.

1 Like

Here it is: Main.xaml (13.5 KB)

To the first point, I cannot ask the sender as the project is downloaded from here : https://www.uipath.com/kb-articles/csv-automation-find-similarities-and-differences-between-two-csv-file

To the second point, all dependencies seem to have the correct version installed:

Thank you.

Ah I am not sure but I can take a guess.

As it is one of the older KB part of Uipath I am thinking that package is not supported anymore (in latest community) and the dependencies were not saved either in xaml or in json.

1 Like

So how would I go about translating this into the new release of community, then?

Well very old xamls should also be compatible as it will have forward compatibility by automatic upgrade or downgrade or download of dependencies but seems like these is an issue with the json file that comes with it soo I am not sure as to how we can repair it.
Unless in the blog/path they have mentioned the strict dependencies and their versions how can we possibly know the same.

If that is an old KB article UiPath will have a new article too - serach for that and I am sure th files are also updated along with that. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I am still looking for a way to do this. Currently scouring the internet for answers.

Hello everyone,

I have the same initial problem as Zamolxis, but previous projects are looking fine and no missing activities errors appear (in fact, I’ve been able to copy and paste “Open Application” act from one to another, but need a help with that)

This is how the failed project looks like

I also noticed that some regular activities are missing. Question raised here:
Question regarding missing activities - Help / Studio - UiPath Community Forum