The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Hello All,

I have this error when i try to connect to oracle database
“Connect: ERROR [IM014] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application”
there is few articles about it

i had tried 64 and 32 connecter but didnt really help me any idea how to fix this

Hi @Hazem_Saleh ,
Thanks for reaching out to community.

I have these steps researched for you, I hope this will help you.

1. Use the correct version of the ODBC driver: Make sure that you are using the correct version of the ODBC driver that matches the architecture of your application. If your application is 32-bit, use a 32-bit ODBC driver, and if it is 64-bit, use a 64-bit ODBC driver.

2. Use the 32-bit version of ODBC Administrator: If you are using a 32-bit application on a 64-bit Windows operating system, you need to use the 32-bit version of the ODBC Administrator to configure the ODBC data source. You can find the 32-bit version of the ODBC Administrator in the “C:\Windows\SysWOW64” folder.

3. Use the 64-bit version of ODBC Administrator: If you are using a 64-bit application, you need to use the 64-bit version of the ODBC Administrator to configure the ODBC data source. You can find the 64-bit version of the ODBC Administrator in the “C:\Windows\System32” folder.

4. Use a different ODBC driver: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to use a different ODBC driver that is compatible with your application.

If you find this helpful, please mark it as a solution so that others take reference. :grinning: :writing_hand:

Happy Automation Buddy.

Regards,
@pratik.maskar

Thanks for answering i have this check
its work when i test the connection on oracle but still the same issue

on the other hand i have query handler from the market place its works but ever time i covert it to windows it will have the same isuue.

BR/Hazem

If found a solution to avoid the ODBC using oracle managed data access ““Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client””
with data sources :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone who helped out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.