Following Screen error thrown when the website is launched " The site is not secure Error Code DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID " and the Orchestrator does not open due to the security issue.
Error Description: Orchestrator will not open due to the security issue with the below error when the website is launched.
Root Cause: This generally happens if the certificate being used is not valid.
For v2020.4.x or higher - Check with local internal IT team and ensure that the certificate is valid as per the requirement mentioned in the guide Using a Certificate for the HTTPS Protocol . If not then follow the below steps to change the certificate to a valid one - follow the steps as
- Import the certificate under Personal folder using the mmc, certificates console;
- Ensure that the certificate is installed in the trusted root authorities folder if you are using a self-signed certificate as well and as per the prerequisites;
- Update the certificate thumbprint in the C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Orchestrator\Identity\appsettings.Production.json.
- For v2019.x.x or lower - Create a self-signed certificate in the Orchestrator environment following the steps shared in this link. After certificate creation, follow the below steps to bind the newly created certificate to the website.
- IIS → Orchestrator website → Bindings → Select https bindings → Check SSL certificate → Select the appropriate certificate → Restart the website
- Restart the website in Orchestrator.
Note: This is a temporary solution and needs to install the self-signed certificate to be installed on the Robot machine as well to establish communication between Robot and Orchestrator.