Orchestrator web fails to load with "The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid" error .
Orchestrator initially displays a 500 Internal error. Please turn ON detailed logging by modifying below keys in web.config,
- customErrors --> Off
- httpErrors --> Detailed
- Open IIS and double click on Request Filtering - should encounter similar error and nothing is accessible inside it
- Check the permissions on Orchestrator directory and add ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES and IUSR
- Check Authentication, etc., features in IIS and make sure everything loads okay
- Validate web.config for any errors by opening it in a browser. If it loads fine in the browser, then no issues with web.config
- Check for any duplicate entries in web.config as the error is suggesting
- Validate all prerequisites are installed on the machine.
- Open %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\[version]\config\machine.config and search for verbs - find any, make a copy of machine.config and remove all verbs
- Perform the same for WINDIR%\system32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config as well
- After making a copy of the files by removing all verbs, restart the machine
- Should be able to open IIS and browse Request Filtering without any issues. Once this is confirmed, loading Orchestrator URL in the browser should be successful.
Verbs section in applicationhost.config and machine.config need to look like this,