Resolution when the Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB provider is not registered on the local machine.
Certain activities such as MS access, etc. will require a connection to a data source and may at times require that the customer reinstall / update the ODBC driver. Issue might occur if the 32 bit driver installer detects other 64 bit office products in the environment.
- Uninstall the 64 bit office products, install the 32 bit driver, and then reinstall the 64 bit office products. See the Cannot Install 64 Bit Office With 32 Bit documentation for more information
- Run the 32 bit driver installer in 'quiet' mode.
- Download the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable
- Open the Command prompt as Administrator.
- Provide full path of the .Exe file and add '/ quiet'. Like below,
- C:\Users\username\Desktop\AccessDatabaseEngine.exe /quiet
See the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable Wont Install Due To 64 Bit component for more info.