When run, the GetMail activity from the Office365 package throws the following error "Get Mail: Code: generalException Message: An error occurred sending the request. " The underlying error is "System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The requested operation cannot be completed. The computer must be trusted for delegation and the current user account must be configured to allow delegation."
Root Cause: This is caused by a security policy from the machine.
Resolution: Only administrators who have the Enable computer and user accounts to be trusted for delegation credential can set up delegation. Domain admins and Enterprise admins have this credential.
When a local setting is greyed out, it indicates that a GPO currently controls that setting.
Follow the steps:
- Press start and enter regedit.exe, press enter to open Registry Editor.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Protect\Providers\df9d8cd0-1501-11d1-8c7a-00c04fc297eb
- Right click and select new -> DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name the DWORD “ProtectionPolicy”
- Right click and select Modify…
- Enter 1 as the value data and press OK to save.
- Try again now and check if it is working.
Read more about this policy here: Security Policy - Settings/Enable Computer And User Accounts To Be Trusted For Delegation .