Test Manager: Push Test Cases from Test Manager to ALM Tools

Hello @Gernot_Brandl,

it would be great if Test Manager would provide the option to push test cases from Test Manager to ALM tools (e.g., Jira & Xray, Azure DevOps) and/or to pull test cases in ALM tools from Test Manager. At the moment, it is only possible to push test cases from ALM tools to Test Manager.

I do understand the current logic of only being able to push requirements from ALM tools to Test Manager since requirements usually start their lives and keep being maintained in those ALM tools but I’m not sure if this logic also applies to test cases. The reason is as follows.

In my current project, we started to use Test Manager for test management purposes (Basic ALM Integration) but then decided to use ALM tools for test management (Sidestep ALM integration).

Switching from the Basic ALM Integration pattern to the Sidestep ALM Integration pattern was very hard to achieve because we couldn’t push test cases from Test Manager to our ALM tools. We had to remove all of our test cases in Test Manager, push hundreds of test cases one by one from our ALM tools to Test Manager, and relink the automation from Studio. This is cumbersome.

Therefore, it would be great if Test Manager would provide the option (1) to push test cases from Test Manager to ALM tools and/or (2) to pull test cases in ALM tools from Test Manager.

Best, Emerald.