Terminate Process from Orchestrator if the process runtime exceeds a pre-determined amount of time

Hi everyone,

I have this issue with a couple of processes which sometimes get stuck (ex. excel does not close properly) and the process is running until someone spots the unusual runtime and closes the build/process run.

I searched the forum for any similar cases, but with not much luck.

Did anyone encountered this edge case before, and if yes, how did you solved it ?

Thanks!
Cristi

Hello @CristianDan!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @CristianDan,
Are you able to share project example or record such example of behavior?

If you are using the Ref framework, any error in the program will eventually timeout and create an exception that will terminate the program.

1 Like

Hi all,

@Pablito i will revert back with a screenshot of the issue once it happens again.

@rpena i’m using the RE Framework but it’s not catching this scenario, not sure how it could.

Every time when this happens the excel application is open in background and once i close it the process resumes.
Package used: Excel Activities: 2.7.2 and 2.9.3

Did anyone had this issue when the excel app did not close properly and the RPA bot was waiting for the application to close ?

Thank you!

Hi @Pablito, earlier today i encountered the same issue again.
Here is a screenshot with the excel being open only the background. Once i close the excel the process resumes and the bot finished the process. It got stuck at a step where it supposed to read an excel and close.
Did you know if anyone encountered this scenario before ?

Cheers
Cristi

To be honest and think I see such behavior for the first time.