Terminal Session : There was an error connecting to terminal. Error code: Error

as you can see no existing process is there of the type ui path.terminal.activities
“ui parth terminal” type of connection is working fine when i drag and drop and give the ip adress. i can see even the terminal
but when i run that its not coming. its throwing rhr exception as i said.

Use UiPath Internal option in Terminal Session. In Address field type the Server IP. It will work.

@karges, Hope you are doing well.
I need these following details:

1. Which method you are using to connect.
  2. I cant see the AS400 application opened in the screenshot.
    Note:
  3. If you are using EHLLAPI method, you have to open the terminal application manually or using Uipathin order to communicate from Uipath.
  4. You have to use UI Automation to launch the terminal application, may be by creating a shortcut and try to launch. Fill the credentials in the first small popup. then you can communicate.

Suggestion: Try to open the application and run the artifact/workflow.

Thanks,
Jiban

1 Like

I am facing same issue with IBM PCom. any idea why its happening.

Hi @Sachin129,

Which version of Uipath Studio are you using?
Which terminal Method you are using to connect?
Try: “Go to the Task Manager-> Processes-> Stop the process named: UiPath.Terminal.Host” whenever you are getting this error.

Thanks,
Jiban

1 Like

Issue is resolved now one dll needed pcshll32.dll, so i have selected in profile this dll then its working now.

1 Like

I am connecting to IBM PCOM TN3270. Always getting this error. Any idea?

MainframeException

Hi all,
there was an error connecting to terminal.
so far, I could connect the terminal in following setteing:

“{‘AttachExisting’:false,‘ConnectionType’:0,‘EhllBasicMode’:false,‘EhllDll’:null,‘EhllEnhanced’:true,‘EhllFunction’:‘hllapi’,‘EhllSession’:‘A’,‘Host’:null,‘Mode’:1,‘Port’:23,‘Profile’:‘C:\Program Files\IBM\Personal Communications\private\Online.ws’,‘ProviderType’:1,‘ShowTerminal’:true,‘TerminalType’:0}”

but for now, I couldn’t connect it because of “Not Connected” in UiPath error message.
Main has thrown an exception

Exception Type: Exception
System.Exception: Terminal error: NotConnected

Technically, UiPath can connect the terminal and activate it. but terminal automation process terminated in the middle way.

How should I do with this?
Using IBM EHILLAPI had worked if I activate terminal session before running the process.
But I want to activate it automatically.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
Regards,
Kai

@Sridhardurai and @Sachin129 could you find some solution , I hv tried every thing in forum but issue remain same.

Try LOGOFF your system. This error comes because of multiple sessions active in background and uipath can’t able to find which session to connect. System will close all the session once you logoff.
Note: Once you open a session try to exit properly.

1 Like

Hi @jibanjyoti,Good day!.I am using UI Path for AS400 application automation.
When i try to connect from UI Path Terminal Session its not responding.
Could you please help on this.
I have used Provider:IBM EHLLAPI
Application:AS 400 IBM i Series Personal Communication.

Hi Team,Can anyone help on this ,appreciate your input here!
@Sangita_Elango
@kfukumo
@Sachin129

may i know the system architecture? is it 64-Bit or 32 Bit?

@ddrdushy1 Hi Dusyanth,Good Day its 32 bit OS.

Hi @RajeshT,
For ehlapi connection, robot should open AS400 session and it’s should be on login screen (AS400 session should be in open state). After that you can use terminal session activity to continue the process,

Hi @ddrdushy1,while running the Terminal Session the AS400 session is open which i logged as manual,but still the UI Path is not responding.

Hi @RajeshT,
Once the login pop-up should complete before you open the terminal session,

Other words, once complete the GUI automation, before start the terminal session

1 Like

Hi @ddrdushy1,could you elaborate in more detail.I am very new to UI Path .
I have added the screenshot,let me know if i need to provide more details.
Procedure I followed:
Step1:Login UIPath
Step2:Added the activity “Sequence”
Step 3:Added the activity “Terminal Session”
(Configured as per the screen shot)
Issue:IBM i series AS 400 application not responding.
Note:I have opened the IBM i series application manually while running the above activity.

hi @ddrdushy1,appreciate if you could provide the detail steps need to follow while following the above process.
Thanks a lot!

hi @RajeshT,

use this workflow and try. this is a common module, this will return terminal session

LoginToTerminal.xaml (39.1 KB)

1 Like