Terminal Session Returns Blank Black Screen

I’m trying to create a terminal session within UIPath using the terminal wizard. After entering my connection details, the wizard displays the following terminal. No data is displayed and I can’t move to another screen from here. The terminal is a VT220 and I’ve selected

Provider: UiPath Internal
Address: my address
Port: my port
Type: VT

Any helpful hints for correctly starting the terminal are greatly appreciated!!

1 Like

@dsutge - did you figure out a solution for this one? I am facing the same problem with VT100 connection.

I am also facing same issue. Anyone has any suggestions? Please assist.

I’ve seen this happen in some terminal configurations,the solution for me was to treat that black screen as if it were my terminal’s welcome screen and sent the first input that the screen would expect and Transmit. After that, the screen worked as expected. (In some cases, just sending a Transmit to get past the splash screen, in other cases, sending a user name).

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this update, this worked, I have given the first command usually That I give, but is there any idea why this blank screen is coming up.

please post here any update that you have.

Changing the system resolution to 125% works for me.

Hello, I am encountering the same issue and tried every solution on this thread, unfortunately nothing worked. Have you got any other more suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

Can you explain the steps briefly, am facing similar issue after trying your solution.

Thanks.

I suggest trying out different Terminal Provider types. Match the type as closely to your terminal driver as possible, or use UiPath Internal. Then have your bot just send Enter / “Transmit” to the first screen and see if that wakes up the terminal.