Tally usage using RPA Community Edition

I have a doubt. I want to open the tally application using UIPath. When I try to open using start process by giving the path of the file, during run process, the browser opens with a link from UIpath stating 3rd party software will not be supported. I am using the free community edition. Is there a solution to this??
Thank you

@risheviswanath_s

Welcome to our uipath community.

Are you able to open that .exe file manually ? Is it showing any error at the time of opening ?

If it’s not showing any error then it should work with Start Process activity also. If possible could you please share any screenshot and need to check once how you are passing file path.

1 Like

Thank you for the response. Tally application opens using start process but the other activities after that do not execute and the system is redirected to the browser wherein the UiPath website says 3rd party software will not be supported.

@risheviswanath_s

Could you show me screenshot of your workflow and tell more details what activities you used here ?

@lakshman

Fine
Once after opening the application with START PROCESS activity use a GET ACTIVE WINDOW ACTIVITY and then place all the remaining below activities inside that container

Cheers @risheviswanath_s

@Palaniyappan

Thank you for the response. I tried the Get Active Window activity as you mentioned. I still have the same problem of the browser opening in UI path and showing this.

Did we try this manually like once after opening the tally application if we click f1 is it working as expected

Because f1 is a help key that’s why it’s going to browser page

Kindly check whether that is the key we want to execute

Cheers @risheviswanath_s

@Palaniyappan

Yes f1 is the key that is used to select the company in tally. Moreover, why should it redirect to uipath page regarding usage of 3rd party license application??

Fine
Then inside the get active window activity use a CLICK activity that clicks on the tally application window and then followed by that use your send hot keys
Cheers @risheviswanath_s

I tried what you said. But the problem is that after tue tally application opens, the uipath processes are terminated after which the browser opens saying 3rd party licence not supported. So the rpa automation ends once the tally opens and does not execute anything within the get active window.
Thanks @Palaniyappan

Hmm that would actually work
Fine
Try with ATTACH WINDOW activity and place the activities we want inside that
@risheviswanath_s

@Palaniyappan Hey, I just tried and It is working now. Thank you very much for your support.

1 Like

Cheers @risheviswanath_s

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.