Table Extraction Wizard

it coukd be the case that a lot leading spaces will give the impression of empty values (did faced it). Indeed it was surprising in all. A post edited metadata was not accepted, but wenn doing the wizard againg and modifying the results it was extracting.

Maybe you will find out the small difference, causing this behaviour. Otherwise we can this also share with the UiPath tech team

I have some good news and some bad news!

The good news is that I figured out the difference between your working code, and my not working code. Your working code had the Target Selector value set to “” whereas my not working code had it set to “”. I can now reliably get that test page to work!

The bad news is that I am still having issues with the real page that I need to scrape the data for. I have extracted the HTML as attached. On this page, I can get the first two columns to be displayed correctly, but not the third column.

With the Extract Metadata set as per the attached screenshot below, I only get the first 2 columns displayed:

If I remove the line “” (third line from the bottom) then I get the third column to display, but all the values are incorrectly listed as “null”

Are you able to give me a final piece of advice to resolve this last issue? Thanks SO much for your help!

TablePage.html (43.8 KB)

Account code has a surrounding span. Give a try on:

<webctrl tag='tr' /> 
<webctrl tag='td' idx='3' /> 
<webctrl tag='span' idx='1' /> 
<webctrl tag='input' idx='1' />

Hi Peter.

Well, there’s a little more good news but also a little bit more bad news

The good news is that the tweaks worked perfectly against the HTML file that I sent you. This was a simplified version of the dynamically generated HTML I get from a SaaS solution

The bad news is that when I plugged this against the actual SaaS HTML, it didn’t work. I think the issue is that the full HTML is slightly more complex than the simplified HTML I sent previously.

I’ve spent another day trying to figure this out to no avail, and am hoping that you can give me a further pointer. I am sorry to keep coming back to you. Full HTML attached. Thanks so much

TevPage.html (138.2 KB)

Is anybody able to help me with this issue? Thanks

will have a look on it later

achieved with:

<extract>
	<row exact='1'>
		<webctrl tag='tr' />
	</row>
	<column exact='1' name='Column0' attr='text'>
		<webctrl tag='tr' />
		<webctrl tag='td' idx='1' />
	</column>
	<column exact='1' name='Column1' attr='text'>
		<webctrl tag='tr' />
		<webctrl tag='td' idx='2' />
	</column>
	<column exact='1' name='Column2' attr='value'>
		<webctrl tag='tr' />
		<webctrl tag='td' idx='3' />
		<webctrl tag='span' idx='1' />
		<webctrl tag='input' idx='1' />
	</column>
</extract>

and tablesetting

<Table xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' Type='Structured'>
	<Column xsi:type='DataColumn' ReferenceName='Column0' Name='Account'>
		<Format xsi:type='TextColumnFormat' />
	</Column>
	<Column xsi:type='DataColumn' ReferenceName='Column1' Name='CostCentre'>
	</Column>
	<Column xsi:type='DataColumn' ReferenceName='Column2' Name='AccountCode'>
	</Column>
</Table>

Thanks SO much for this, but it’s giving error message “no data could be extracted”. Could you post the XAML file and I will upload it and test it again. Thank you again for all your help

Sequence1.xaml (12.3 KB)

Hi Peter. Thanks so much for your response, but I’m getting this error. Aren’t you seeing that issue? Any ideas?

modelling was done for chrome, you are using Edge. You can edit the the selectors / settings and then it should work

Hi Peter. You’re a genius! It’s finally all working! Thank you SO much for your help!

Hi Peter,
I’ve now managed to get all the code working correctly for a single location. There’s one final thing I would really like to do, though, which is to cycle through each of the entries in “Site to Map”. When you click on these, the data is refreshed with each site in turn, which is what I need. I’ve tried to read that as a table, but again am struggling with how to configure the XML, and how to select a value from the dropdown. Is that something you can advise on? Thanks so much

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.