Table Appending

Hello,

I have a bunch of tables with some similar column headers and some different.

I want to append these tables together and add the new columns as they’re added from other reports and append them correctly.

How can this be done?

1 Like

@sparkplug93

Use Merge DataTable activity to merge two datatables.

But the headers aren’t consistent and need to add columns

But the headers aren’t consistent and need to add columns

Remove add headers in read range and then append

@sparkplug93,

Remove “Add Headers”.

if the tables have a key column in common, then you need the Join Data Table activity.

Hi
I would like to add some points here
As you said some have same structure while some have different column structure
And if so when we append or Join atleast one different to the table that got some merged data with few tables before will now mismatch with all the rest of tables coming up next, even though they were matching until with the previous column structure
Isn’t it buddy

I would suggest like in this case why do we need to combine all these different tables altogether
Is there any reason behind
Or if possible can we merge the one which matches with column structure can be fetched and then merged as one group with MERGE DATATABLE activity
And another group of files again with MERGE DATATABLE activity that will ensure data integrity as well

Cheers @sparkplug93

The reason we want to combine these tables is because the information expands many projects and allows us to see the similar info available

The reason we want to combine these tables is because the information expands many projects and allows us to see the similar info available comment

Do we have any other option to manipulate those data rather appending them all together in a single sheet
Because that would be far better
@sparkplug93

Merge does not care if the column are the same or not… If they are the same then all good, if some of the tables have unique columns, them those are added to the schema of the resulting datatable…

What would you recommend?

So merging will add the new columns?

yes, that is the default option of the activity.

how will it work if both have headers? Thanks