System timed out go to the next activity

I have invoked an activity that goes to a website to grab a file and download it. after that process it goes to the next invoke activity to grab a different file. If the invoke activity 1’s website is not responding, how can I have the bot to write in the excel that it took to long and then just go to the next invoke without killing the whole process?

1 Like

@Laura2

Surround that activity with Try catch, and in catch you can use write cell activity to write in to the excel

But you always try to run in Run mode instead of Debug mode to test whether it is working

Hope this may help you

Thanks

hey

i propose 2 ways,

first check if element exist in the page, so in the true section perform the activities for this. in the else you can use the write range activity and passing the message you want, and behind the activities to do.

second surround with try catch activity,in the try perfom the first workflow for your first page, in the catch you can use write range passin the exception exception.Message or the message you want, then perform the activities for the second workflow

regards!

Hey @Laura2

Are you looking for writing specific message in Excel report for one scenario which is website not responding or you are looking to write in excel message for various scenarios?

Thanks
#nK

yes that is exactly right.

1 Like

Hey @Laura2

1. Are you looking for writing specific message in Excel report for one scenario which is website not responding

(or)

1. you are looking to write in excel message for various scenarios?

Kindly, Which one is required for you (1) or (2) as mentioned above ?

Thanks
#nK

im writing a specific message in the excel report when the website isnt responding then going to the next report.

1 Like

Okay got it, So you need to enclose that first invoke section into a Try Catch & then in the catch block write a small logic to check if the website is not responding may be you will get that message in the website browser window title using Element Exist & you can write the same in the excel if that is confirmed else a normal way of handling it as required.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

Ah got it! thank you!

1 Like

Cool @Laura2, Most welcome anytime… :slight_smile: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.