System.NotSupportedException occurs when trying to merge: "Specified method is not supported."

I’m currently running into an exception when trying to merge master into a feature-branch using UiPath Studio.

I’m using UiPath Studio version 2019.10.1 Enterprise on a 64-Bit Windows 10 machine and .NET 4.7.2+.

What could have caused that exception? Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here’s the call-stack:

Error: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ConflictsUiService.<SolveCurrentStep>d__19.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ConflictsUiService.<SolveMergeConflicts>d__20.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ConflictsUiService.<SolveConflicts>d__10.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.MergeUiService.<Merge>d__5.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ManageBranchesService.<Merge>d__29.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ManageBranchesService.<ExecuteSelectedAction>d__27.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ManageBranchesService.<ManageBranchesCommandExecute>d__24.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Git.Services.UI.ManageBranchesService.<<get_ManageBranchesCommand>b__21_0>d.MoveNext()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Commands.TaskCommand`3.<Execute>d__32.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233067

Hi @RPAlan,
As you are on Enterprise plan please contact with this directly to our Technical Support.

I believe this issue is solved in the latest versions of Studio. Please let us know in case it wasn’t resolved and we’ll take it further :slight_smile:

I also have the same error when trying to merge a branch to the master. Any thoughts?

Hi @james.ryan.v.draper

What is your studio version? This should be fixed in the latest release.

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your response. The version that we are using is UiPath Studio 2020.0.7. I also would like to know what causing this error?

The bug is fixed since the 2020.2 Community Release, which means it is included in all latest Enterprise versions as well.

It was a bug on our end.

Thanks Maciej. For now, I just did a workaround to avoid the error.

Not sure if this is applicable to everyone but based on what I did, it works. Here’s how:

If the xaml file has been renamed from other branches, delete it from the master branch.
Then proceed on merging from your master branch.