System.AggregateException

Hi, I am building a project in UiPath. I am trying to access a file using this method:

Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.UserProfile)+“\Downloads” + “\KNMI_”+DateTime.Now.AddDays(-1).ToString(“yyyyMMdd”)+“.txt”

This will get the download folder, the file contains the weather from yesterday hence the -1 days.

This function will give me C:\Users\name\Downloads\KNMI_20200516.txt

This is also the same location where the file is stored, still using the Read Text File it gives me the System.AggregateException. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance!

@marijn00
Welcome to the forum.

Give a try on another Path, not residing within the special folder c:\Users…
If this is working, then focus on an analysis if the Access Rights for working with the Download folders are causing the exception

Also have a look on the Path combine method. This lest easy construct a Path:

2 Likes

EDIT: misread ppr post, this will still serve as example

To use special folders with Path.Combine

timestamp = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-1).ToString(“yyyyMMdd”)
filename = String.Format("KNMI_{0}.txt", timestamp)
filepathRaw = Path.Combine("%USERPROFILE%", "Downloads", filename)
filepath = Environment.ExpandEnvironmentVariables(filepathRaw)

1 Like

@msan
Maybe I was not clear enough in my statement. My message was

• test access rights confusion by using another filepath, not residing in special folders
  • encourage to use Path.Combine (sure should work for every folder)

@marijn00 the statement from MSAN is really beautiful and allows a clear inspection on the different stages. I would use it directly

@ppr
I just realize it and edited my message :wink:

@msan @ppr thank you for your input. I changed to code to what you said. Regarding the testing, earlier in the project I do the same thing using an Excel Application Scope and it does work there, but using the read file it doesn’t work. Any idea how this is caused?