System.AccessViolationException with Excel Application Scope

Hi,

I’m doing Lesson 2 - Documentation of the the Level 1 - Foundation Training - 2018.3, and have run into an issue with the “Date and Time Variables” and “Data Table Variables” modules. Both projects call for adding an Excel Application Scope, but when I run them it generates an error.

By selecting the option to debug, and using Visual Studio, I get the following:

"An unhandled exception of type ‘System.AccessViolationException’ occurred in UiPath.Excel.dll.

Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

I’m skeptical of it being memory corruption, since it sounds more like a permissions issue. I haven’t found anything by searching Google or this forum, so am hoping someone has some insight.

Also - the version of Excel that’s on my machine is wayyyyy downlevel - Excel 2000. Am wondering if that’s contributing or might be the cause.

Thanks!

Hi @artschi

It actually might be due to the older version of Excel.

Could you see which activity cases the error? If you go to the debugger, you can step into the flow and keep pressing the Step Into button until it crashes :slight_smile:

You can then try to use Workbook activities instead of the Excel Application Scope to do further checks.