Synthesizing keys error

Same error here.

I’m using 2019.3.0 UiPath Studio, and it happens in the second Send HotKey activity, sending an “enter” after a “tab”.

Both are with the SendWindowMessages and SpecialKey properties active.

I hope I’m helping with some bug report…´
Thanx all!

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Write text failed. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Synthetizing keys failure.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.WriteText(String text, UiInputMethod inputMethod)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.WriteText(String text, InputMethod method)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskAsyncCodeActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi @Aqua1986

What is the key you are trying to press?

I believe the error message is ugly, but it seems to mean that you haven’t used the special key but a normal letter. I reproduced it by simply using a CTRL+V combination with just the Special Key selected. It returned the exact same error.

I am getting the same error while send hotkey CTRL+V

Hi @farhi

Please make sure this option for Special Key is unchecked:

I want to run it unattended. Will it work when unchecked?

That is the other option, mainly SendWindowsMessages :slight_smile: Then it will with that option selected.

SpecialKey is when you want to send one of the special keys, such as enter, control, and so on.