Syntax error for reading the column name is having square[] brackets and copy the data to datatable if the row value is "NEW"

Example.xlsx (8.7 KB)
Main.xaml (10.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi @srujanch

Welcome back to the community after a long time!!!

I went through your solution, it looks like your excel column has square brackets in it. I don’t think it allows to have such characters in a column name when performing these filters using the datatable.Select command. Try removing the brackets in the column name “Datavalue[example]” to “Datavalueexample” and try again. This should work for you.

In case you are unable to modify the excel sheet, try using the Filter Data Table activity. It has the ability of performing the filter even though the column name contains square brackets.

I have modified the workflow to filter data using filter data table activity. It should work for you without any problem :slight_smile:
(I changed the file path of the excel to suit mine. You might need to change it to yours)
Main.xaml (10.2 KB)

If this works for you, please make sure to mark my answer as the solution so it could help others as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I have got the same idea and tried with Filter Data table and its working now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.