Switch case | Excel Cell Contain

Hi guys,

I would like to use Switch Case depending on a part of an excel Cell, is it something possible?
Switch Column B
Case 1 contains “SOS” put 1
Case 2 contains “PET” put 2

Thank you

Hello,

Check this out

It iterates through a range and based on the content found in the range it prints different things :slight_smile:

For further reference regarding the switch activity please refer to the official documentation

Regards,
Dragos.

Hi Dragos,

Thanks for that, my question is more about the “Test” itself. How to test a part of a cell. Can I add a forumula, like left(collumn,4).
I have some Number like (SOS10T, SOS10F, PETTJ8, PETF87)
I need to do this test only on the common caractere. So part of the cell.

Regards
Christophe

Hello,

OK now we have a different problem altogether :slight_smile: I think the easiest way to tackle this kinds of problems ( they are all pattern matching problems) would be to use a regex , which unfortunately StudioX does not posses at the moment this capability so you are stuck with an imbricated set of if else . In the if / else activity you have the condition builder which would be helpful because it supports a few functions , such as contains , starts with ends with , etc

Hope this helps,
Dragos

Generate substring from the text in excel cell. Ex: SOS10T => SOS (result of sub string)
and then pass that value into the switch case.