Supervisor Bot , Impact Detection Bot

uiautomation

What is the use case

Like RPA says Mimic human behavior likewise each human has a supervisor to monitor, similarly, we should create a reusable component to call in each Bot or Hava BOT run to check the environment

One of the Challenge is maintaining the environment to run the BOT uninterrupted, BOT’s are very sensitive to changes.

How do you see a solution for the use case?

Create a Prevalidation BOT and run each day in the BOT Runner, Since BOT run and it’s important to have the Environment Stable and detect the changes in the environment/application

Say I have a Virtual Machine where the BOT runs

1. Verify what Version of Software installed and should have,
  2. Verify what Setting of Software to be like IE Settings, Chrome Setting etc.,
  3. Verify the list of Windows Update Patch
  4. Verify the list of Security Patch and Windows Feature
  5. Windows Screen resolution,

Based on what is defined instruct the BOT if it finds any discrepancy will notify the Developer/Manager so BOT can run uninterrupted

Scope: ______________

• Custom Activity
  • Reusable Component
  • Template
  • Automation Framework
  • Application Connector
  • Data Connector
  • RPA Documentation
  • Machine learning model
  • Dashboard

I was thinking about making something like this for our infrastructure, because I feel like most of the time that the server IT admins don’t understand the settings necessary for ideal RPA performance or how to deploy them into the machine for every user so it’s maintainable, and stuff will change during monthly patching sometimes.

I was thinking more along the lines of that it would “fix” the settings. However, how much of it will require Admin or higher authorization to fix the settings? Like for example, you can’t really make registry tweaks without an admin account. This means you are limited to file duplication and movement within the user’s personal and appdata directories. Things like software configuration, including Chrome or SAP are doable, because you could simply copy a good settings file over to the directory. Things like Resolution might be disabled by the group policy.

If you want to only verify the settings and notify someone, then that could be more difficult to create but potentially could touch on everything. Maybe reading the registry is doable though. Or maybe there is a way to identify a settings file as the correct one somehow.

This does have my interest cause it’s something I have been thinking about.

We were considering having an “initialization robot” to load all the emails up before the other robots kick in for the day. This is because sometimes the exchange can take a while to update and this might trigger a timeout on one of our processes that look for emails to load transactions.

The hurdle we’re facing is the fact that we have multiple VMs and each has it’s own robot user account and robot license. This means we would have to deploy a workflow across all robots and use up a bit of every robot’s valuable processing time, rather than being able to have 1 robot check all VMs for us. We also might be scaling the robot accounts up or down, so would need a way to tell which accounts the intialisation robot needs to check.