Suggested file type when opening a file

Hi!

Whenever I’m about to open a file (xaml) in Studio it suggests I to open a .json file instead of a .xaml file…
How do I change this?
If I manually change to .xaml and open the file and then would like to open another one, it suggest the .json file again…
Do you have the same problem?

Regards
Benny

@btr

When you click on open in the studio header, and navigate to the files directory, you will be able to see only project.json file :slight_smile:

If you change the drop down on the right to workflow files, you will see the workflows you have :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer, but that is not the problem… :slight_smile:

The problem is that each time I would like to open a file I need to do the same procedure each time - very time-consuming… It should remember my last selected file type or extension and not suggest the wrong one again next time.
So I think of a setup/config which could be updated to change the default file type.

@btr

You can open the project.json file directly right? Is there any issue opening the json file?

@btr
I hope I understood your problem . Correct me if I’m wrong.

The Problem is you have set as Default App as Uipath Studio in your System

If your are using Above windows 8 .follow below procedures.

right click-> Open With->Choose Other app ->Select Uipath Studio-> bottom corner you will find
Alway use this app to open .xaml files

If your are using Windows 7 then
right click-> Open With->Choose Other app ->Select Uipath Studio->
Click Choose Default App

Thanks for the answer.

I’m sorry but that is not the problem.
Even if I already got this setup it will, when I choose to open a file from the Studio (ctrl+O) it will constantly suggest to open a .json-file.
I could manually, for each time, change the file type to .xaml, but I need to do it each time I would like to open a file. That is the problem. It does not remember the file type I wanted the last time I choose to open a file.

I’m sorry if my explanation isn’t the greatest one… but I can not describe it in another way. Hope you understand.

Regards
Benny