Suggest Recommended Approach for Dev,Test and Prod environment within same orchestrator instance

Hello @Umang_Mehta

Sorry for my late reply on this. I was stuck with a bunch of meetings today.
So for this, I would agree with my friend @Palaniyappan on the first or the third option.

Approach 1: This is good. Having different tenants can manage the development, test and production instances separately so that things don’t get confused etc.
However, the ideal approach I would suggest is to have a separate orchestrator instance for the three environments prod, test and Dev.

Why I say that is, having tenants created in the same instance will actually refer to the same SQL Database of the Orchestrator. Usually, development environment is where we try out all kind of stuff, and it is quite messy with unwanted and wanted things. So having such stuff in the same database, that I would not recommend even though they are in different tenants.

1st option is good, considering the budget and other external factors… However, ideal approach to have would be the third one. In this, every orchestrator instance is installed separately and does not depend on one another. Here, we can try out all crazy things in dev and leave the production and test untouched unless when are doing a actual deployment…

3 Likes