StudioX freezes after pressing the plus icon to select an asset name in the Get Orchestrator Asset/Credential activity

Hello,

StudioX project:

StudioXFreezesAfterPressingPlusIconInAssetNameFieldInGetOrchestratorAssetActivity.zip (66.9 KB)

Steps to recreate (they are also in annotations within the project):

Please press the plus icon in the Asset name field in the Get Orchestrator Asset activity.

Actual result:

StudioX freezes for around a minute (on my machine).
System.NullReferenceException is logged in UiPath.Studio.Project.log (when the activity is inside the Use Outlook 365 activity).
StudioX also freezes and the error is logged for the Credential Name field in the Get Orchestrator Credential activity.
The same error is also logged for the Save username as field in the Get Orchestrator Credential activity but without freezing on my machine.

Error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.QuickHandle.OutlookCompatibilityRules.IsTypeSupportedForMultipleMails(Type type)
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.Design.Business.ExchangeApplicationCardAssistant.GetSymbol(Object context, Type type)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at ReflectionMagic.PrivateReflectionDynamicObjectBase.InvokeMethodOnType(Type type, Object target, String name, Object args, Type typeArgs)
at ReflectionMagic.PrivateReflectionDynamicObjectBase.TryInvokeMember(InvokeMemberBinder binder, Object args, Object& result)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , Type )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Object , Type )
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.BusinessExtensionsService.GetExpressionAssistants(ModelItem scope, ModelProperty targetProperty, Type targetType, Boolean tightScope), HResult -2146232828

Workaround:

Dragging and dropping an asset from the Data Manager panel and then selecting the Get Orchestrator Asset/Credential activity.

Environment:

StudioX 2022.4.1 - 5/2/2022
Enterprise License
Per-user Installation

License Provider: Orchestrator
Activation ID:

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for reporting this @bpiwoda, our StudioX team will have a look :slight_smile:

Hey @bpiwoda ,

Thank you for filing this, I just have a couple more questions to help us investigate this:

• Does this issue occur on all assets or just a couple?
  • Does this issue occur on both selections (assets / credentials)?

Thanks,
Raluca

Hi @Raluca_Laic,

The issue occurs right after pressing the plus icon, so I think it is not dependent on particular assets.
The freezing occurs for both the Get Orchestrator Asset activity and Get Orchestrator Credential activity when I try to select an asset or credential.

This issue should be fixed with the upcoming 2022.6 Studio version.

This was also fixed in StudioX 22.4.4