I really like the studio x activity panel filters. One thing I noticed is that if you reduce the size of the activity panel, it doesn’t adjust the size of the filter buttons or allow you to scroll to the ones that are cut off. Also, are there any plans to allow customization of these filters/ groupings? I could see the filters sub-panel being useful in Studio (is that the name for the original studio now? Or does it have a letter suffix as well?) if you can customize them.
I created new topic from your post as it is about StudioX
Could you send us the screenshot of mentioned section resize?
Reproduced the issue and a fix will be available in future releases.
Thank you Joseph!
@Joseph_Iaquinto - thanks for this feedback. Yes, as of now Studio and StudioX are the de-facto names for the 2 Studio profiles. Filtering based on package is available in Studio too as of 19.7. Please try out the new filtering capabilities we added into Studio as well and let us know what you think.
Are other users facing a slow startup of StudioX. It takes close to 2.5 minutes for the backstage to show up.
Can you confirm if the same is happening if you will re-install application?
Yes, I’ve thus far reinstalled it twice.
When compared to my current version, it’s every slow.
Can you give us more details like?
- .Net Framework version
- UiPath Studio Build number/version
@AndyMenon: we have noticed a small increase in our telemetry, but even the worst scenarios doesnt go beyond 30 seconds and those are a few. Can you help us with some machine details please? Does anyone else experience similar issues?
The .NET Version on this machine .
I just clocked it, and this time it took even longer. About 3 minutes!
Please chceck .Net Version based on this document:
The screen you’ve attached is not correct path.
This is a work laptop, and the installations are controlled by IT.
I followed the article that has instructions to check the .NET version directly from the registry database.
I’ll visit the link below and keep you posted.
I’ve checked the path as recommended by the link in your earlier response and I see the following.
But I also have a new problem. The application refuses to run in the new Studio. I get this error below . And the outcome is the same regardless of whether I run it using the Debugger or the normal Run command. And this error pops up after the Studio goes into an unresponsive mode for about 45 seconds to a minute.
I copy-pasted my sequence into the earlier version of Studio and it worked without any issues. And therefore I know that this issue is confined to the new Studio version.
The last thing which comes through my mind is to re-install studio but based on this instruction:
Ok, so we set up a brand new machine. Latest .NET version is 4.8.x. I downloaded Stable UiPath Community addition and set it up. This time, I don’t have any reasons to cite, but the UiPath Explorer has been rendered completely useless. Please see a recording of the phenomenon.
I’m trying to edit a selector, but UiPath Explorer keeps clocking endlessly. When I close it and bring it back up, the behavior is even worse, and nothing comes up!
This is a scratch built machine, and satisfies the base minimum requirement for installing UiPath Studio.
UiPath team, any idea why this is happening. I’m completely dead in the water working with the UiExplorer! I tried the same experiment on my personal laptop and the same thing highlighted in my recording seems to be happening.
Does it still happen on a fresh install of the stable 2019.10.0 (it was released yesterday)?
Including the latest activity packages, especially the UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities package.
I haven’t yet gotten to installing a stable version yet. I’m working on a PoC with the older stable version that I have running on my machine, and don’t want to disrupt the pace.
I will post an update as soon as I have the opportunity.
To followup on this action item, I removed the older beta instance of 2019.10.x only and installed the latest, stable 2019.10.0 CE a few minutes ago.
And I still have the same problem when I open a project and run it.
Also attached is the log file. There are excessive errors related to the Licensing in the log file before the operations time out.
2019-11-25-Studio-Log-File.txt (39.7 KB)
I still have the older version that I use to work on. As mentioned earlier, I don’t want to upset my stable DEV environment and disrupt my current progress.
Having both Studio Enterprise and Studio CE is not supported. This is due to this:
Enterprise installs the SCM-managed Service and CE the user Mode Service. Having them both running confuses Studio enough for errors to occur.