Studio X does not start properly

Hi,
I’m absolutely new to UI Path Studio X (community license) and hitting a wall already when opening the freshly installed programm.

When I open the programm, I can decide if I want to open an existing project or if I want to start a new one. Because I’m just starting, there are no existing projects -so far that’s ok. But when I choose to create a new one, the table in the middle of my screen is grey - I cannot drop anything in there as suggested in the tutorial.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Thank you and greetings from Germany

If you start a new project, you’ll need to add a sequence, state machine, or flowchart to the project. You can do this by following the following steps:

Hello,

Can you post a screenshot of your “table in the middle of the screen” ?

Regards,
Dragos.

The image can be enlarged when you click on it. The commands translate to

Open the command palette: F3 or Ctrl+Shift+P
Access File: Ctrl+Shift+F
Open Universal Search: Ctrl+F
Add an Activity: Ctrl+Shift+T
Open project panel: Ctrl+Alt+P
Open activity panel: Ctrl+Alt+F
Open UI Object Explorer: Ctrl+Alt+O
Access documentation: F1

On the other hand he said that he is using StudioX so he;s interface I expect to look like this

This is my screen when I start Studio X.

Does this reproduce every time you open a project?
In order to investigate this issue we need log files. Can you please hit CTRL+L in studio and attach all the log files to this ticket.

Yes, it occurs every time, even when I try to open one of the premade projects.

The log files are rejected because they don’t have the proper format. And I cannot upload attachements as a new user.

try please to arhive them and attach. or change the extension of the arhive to .txt.
please try again

I’ll try again with a zip-archive, but the last time I got an error saying that I wasn’t allowed to attach files because I’m to new to the forum – regardless of the file format.

logfiles.zip (52.8 KB)

This problem is related to the disparity between the installed .net framework language pack version and the used .net framework version. Please update your .Net framework language pack (

1 Like

Thank you, Mircea!

Unfortunately, your answer was cut short - I hope you tried to tell me which version would be the right for me or what would be important with this update?

I cannot tell you what to install because I don’t know the .Net version installed on your computer. You can follow the steps from this page Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed - .NET Framework | Microsoft Learn to find the .Net version.

1 Like