we’re trying to put together a list of Studio shortcuts. Some of you have suggested already some specific shortcut but we believe there is a broader discussion on shortcuts and enhancing speed of RPA development within Studio. Here’s a list we have captured so far:
- Shortcut for creating an argument similar to Ctrl+K. RPA Developers usually create 10-20 arguments in some workflows. It would be easier (speed) to have a shortcut for creating an argument. This was initially raised by Teo here.
- Shortcut for saving work inside Invoke Code activity. The invoke code activity is a bit frustrating to work with. One suggestion is to implement an auto save or Ctrl+S to save rather than having to press Ok then open the Edit Code again each time. It is a bit slow and some users end up pressing Alt-F4 quite often to go back to the designer to check something only to notice they lost all the code previously entered.
- Shortcut for Search Activity and Library Search in Studio With 2017.1 we have a shortcut for universal search, we should have one for other search functions. Maybe an inner search, autocomplete like feature that the user can trigger via a shortcut to add the activity inline. This would also help keeping focus inside the canvas, search for activities, move up and down with keys to the wanted activity and hit enter to add the activity directly below the current activity. This was requested very often and also somewhat requested here.
- Shortcut for publishing packages
- Shortcut for traversing the breadcrumb Currently, the only method is to use mouse and click the breadcrumb where the user wants to return to.
- Shortcut for Expression editor This was initially proposed here.
- Shortcut for opening the invoked workflow that is currently in focus
Let us know what you think about these.
More importantly, propose others that we’ve missed.