Studio Pro profile retiring from versions 2021.8 onwards

Hi @alexandru,

As per our conversation over another topic regarding studio pro profile, we learned that
“Starting with 21.8 Studio Pro profile is retired but all the functionalities that were exclusive to the Pro version are now available in Studio.”

which led to further questions in my mind, hence, opening up this topic to seek your inputs.

1. Will this be the same for on-prem enterprise users as well when they move to LTS version 2021.10 this year end?
  2. If yes to question 1, will it mean now those users would just have to keep paying for studio license (like they used to) to access studiopro features as well. Or they would have to pay for the cost of studio pro licenses going forward(and no longer need to pay for studio licenses separately)?
  3. Will their existing studio licenses be migrated to have studio pro functionalities or will those be renewed and need a whole new set of allocations?

Also, could you please provide pointers to the right set of documenatations on this to help us learn more before we decide to move ahead with upgrade.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like
  1. yes
  2. please contact our sales teams for this, the product team does not own the pricing structure and I cannot comment on this.
  3. technically the migration will be seamless - even if licensed via key or via orchestrator and defined as Studio or Studio Pro after upgrading to 21.10 the Studio profile (with all features) will be shown.

Hope this helps. Let me know if still not clear :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Alexandru

1 Like

Thank you @alexandru,

Yes this helps, for licensing we will check with sales team.

Is there documentation already out kn what it would be like for studio pro users in version 21.10. I tried going through release notes for this version published in October 2021 but couldn’t find details around this change.

So thought may be I am not looking at right one?

Regards
Sonali

We have this documented in Studio 21.10 Release Notes. Since Enterprise build is not yet published (it will be in the next hours/days) the RN is not published either.

Thanks,
Alexandru

Thank you @alexandru for your inputs.

We believe all features mentioned in below release notes would be applicable to on prem LTS version 2021.10

Let us know if not true.

Regards
Sonali

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.