Studio CE - Could not obtain access token (invalid_grant)

UiPath Studio - Community Edition.

According to Ui Assistant, it is connected to Orchestrator but unable to retrieve a license. I am also unable to run any process in studio as it cannot obtain an access token.

I recently updated from windows 10 to windows 11, so that could be the source of the problem, but I can’t find a working solution in the forums. Does anyone have a step-by-step procedure for resolving this?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hey @Duffy

So you have sufficient license as well I believe right ?

And how are you saying that it can’t obtain access token please ?

Thanks
#nK

Hello @Duffy ,

If your Orchestrator is properly licensed and connect to UiPath assistant, in the UiPath assistant you will be able to see the status as Connected, Licensed an the orchestrator URl. Is it showing in your UiPath assistant?

Also did you verified that you have connected to the correct orchestrator and the license is properly allocated in the orchestrator?

Thanks for the replies!

In UiPath Studio I can create a process but when I try to run I get the error:
“One or more errors occurred. (Could not obtain access token. (invalid_grant))”

If I look in UiPath assistant, it says “Connected to Orchestrator. Unable to retrieve a license (please contact your IT department): Could not obtain access token. (invalid_grant)”

From Orchestrator it says my tenant is enabled and shows a green dot. License section says “Subscription Expiry: May 28, 2024”. There is no other options there other than requesting or enabling enterprise keys.

I can only guess this is something to do with updating windows… maybe I need a new machine key? Can’t get support for community edition for that and can’t find a working solution in the forums :-/

Update - today I logged out of Ui Assistant and back in again and the issue went away.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.