FIXED - see bottom edit
I am trying to grab an asset from orchestrator as I have done a million times before. The properties are set up fine, and the exact same activity with the same parameters works fine on another project on the same virtual machine.
It doesn’t fault, it just… hangs. This is what I see in debug mode;
I have tried the following fixes:
- Restarting the robot service
- Restarting studio
- Testing the same activity in a different project - it works fine!
- Removing and readding the output variable
- Deleting and readding the entire get asset activity
- Creating a new sequence to run - still doesn’t work because it’s in the same project
- 3 second timeout on the activity (still hangs endlessly)
I can understand it if it was a timeout issue and the process faulted. But it doesn’t even fault, it just sits there. There are no issues with robot - orchestrator connectivity, because the exact same thing works on a different project on the same machine. I can see no differences between the 2 projects. I have triple checked the asset exists, and checked spelling etc.
Has anyone come across this before?
EDIT: I downgraded the UIPath.Systems.Activities dependency to 19.6.0 and it’s now working again. I can only assume it was down to a mismatch between our studio version and the package version it had tried to align it to.