Stuck in UiDemo exercise for Advanced Level training

Hello,
I am trying to do the steps given for “UiDemo exercise” in the advanced training but got stuck at Orchestrator queue step. Created a Tenant in the Orchestrator and now how do I link my Performer sequence to the Orchestrator queue.
Note: Performing the steps as per the “UiDemo_Walkthrough.pdf” provided in training.

Please guide on how to proceed. Thank You!!!

@PavaniDilip,
*As you Have uploaded the workitems through Dispacther Process,Now you need to get those items.
*Get Transaction items retreives the items from the Queue,With Queue Item as input and your Transaction item will be the output.
*After retriving each item you need to process them according to the instructions mentioned in the Walkthrough.pdf.

Thanks,
Sreekanth

Thanks Sreekanth for reply.
I am stuck at performer sequence step only (not created the dispatcher sequence).
Can you guide me that step please.
Or after creating the dispatcher sequence only we need to run the process.

To give in more details, exception is thrown -
Source: Add queue item
Message Main has thrown an exception

Source: Add queue item

Message: Orchestrator information is not available. Please check if UiPath Robot Service is started.

Exception Type: Exception

System.Exception: Orchestrator information is not available. Please check if UiPath Robot Service is started.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.BaseQueueActivity.BeginExecute(NativeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.AsyncNativeActivity.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Regards,
Pavani

@PavaniDilip,First you need to upload the workitems to the Orchestrator queue known as dispatcher process.I think you did connect your robot to orchestrator.If you registered for sample orchestrator account check the heartbeat of robot else follow these steps
https://demo.uipath.com This is the demo orchestrator.Register as a tenant and login into it.Create a queue item in orchestrator and provide the name in dispatcher process.
Press ctrl+L and navigate to app 18.1.3 folder.There you can find uirobot.exe.Click on it and connect your orchestrator

1 Like

How can we check the workitems are uploaded in the Orchestrator queue?
Also please guide me the next steps to continue the process.
FYI…As per the steps created a queue in the Orchestrator and connected which is also visible in the UI path Tray of the tool bar. Also the excel file opens up for some time and closes automatically.

Select view Transactions @PavaniDilip

Hi,
I just happen to be stuck with the same assignment^, I need to go one step back, I am getting the following error in the Dispatcher-Upload Sequence:

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. This error usually occurs when using a variable with no set value (not initialized).

Source: For each row in DTransactions
My question on you : How do I initialize the Data Table in the default field

Thank you fror your assistance!
Wilian

Follow the walkthrough pdf provided.You need to extract the workitems to the datatable.Then you will have values in it

I am following , this is happening by the ReUiDemo2ad range for each row

The Datatable contains no values.Did you extract data and assign it to datatable?

…sorry it does not look like , but how do I do this?

I really follow the PDF, I thought that by READ range this will happen

Hi Sreekanth,
Problem solved by using the Excel container , somehow the Datatable was initialized :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply , I need now to add the items to the Orchestrator …
UiDemo5%20_Queueitems

I hope not to run into problems …

Hello,

Create a tenant account in the Orchestrator and once login there, create a queue and Robot for the Dispatcher upload process.Also, make sure “Ui Robot” is started (check in your services directory) and also go to the program files and run the UIRobot.exe file which will display the Ui icon on the system tray as below -

Once the icon is visible, click on settings and enter the “Robot Key” (this will be the Key name which is created from above). Once it is provided the status shows to connected.
FYR…the below link has the process steps to connect-

Hope it helps.

@sreekanth

I am able to see the successfull transaction in the queue.Now I proceed with the next steps of the walkthrough document the below error appears -

Can you please help here.

Hi, I am really following the UiDemo exercise1 pdf , somehow I am stuck with the Add queue item activity see:UiDemo04%20_Queueitems
I have created the Orchestrator Queue edit the names in the itemInformation , etc.

Please assist , help…:neutral_face:

To It looks like I am not able to add any items to the Orchestrator queue. What am I missing?

Hello,
Have you created the queue in the Orchestrator and connected, if so you should be able to see something like this (Queue name) -

Robots pane -

Please check… Note: Intially I also got the same error but after following the steps in previous post it worked.

1 Like

What did u specify in get Secure credential? @PavaniDilip Did you install uipath.core.activities from package manager?

Queue name which you u mentioned in properties of add queue item doesnot exist in orchestrator @wschloss .Pass the Queuename in this format “Queuename”