Structured data scrape - table column contains icons

I have a structured data scrape where one of the columns is populated with icons representing the value I need. The html has a text descriptor which is what I need. How do you access that descriptor? The data scrape returns a blank for the icon.

@ChrisC
rework on the generated ExtractMetadata XML String and change the attribute for this icon column from text to src.
After this postedit the icon image url is retrieved

If a better result can be achieved with the scrapping the icon image overlay text then change the (as described above) from text to title

Thanks for your advice. The data scrape of the entire table produces very little XML. Should I scrape by column in order to get XML that I can amend?

By the way the icon text is not visible text, it is the title attribute in the HTML.

yes, configure by column. feel free top post the extractmetadata xml here for further help

Many thanks.

I have configured by column which generates the XML at a usable level. On the web page the line of HTML for the column I need to access is as follows:

I need to extract the title which provides the colour name than the image which returns nothing. Not sure how the XML is amended to achieve this.

@ChrisC
use the format </> Button properly so we can refer to the code. Thanks
And for sure if it is a public link share the link also with us

oops having problems pasting an HTML line into an HTML editor!

Now attached.

@ChrisC
maybe this helps for a next try

Configure it for columns individually, do the it for at least two columns then change the attribute to from text to title and the second one change to src

Thanks I will have a look.

This worked perfectly. Very easy. Are there any links/docs on how to manipulate the XML in general?

In any case, many thanks!

This worked perfectly. Very easy.

Are there any links/docs on how to manipulate XML in general?

In any case, many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.