Strange error running unattended - "Available timed out"

Trying to run an automation unattended and this is happening under multiple robots on multiple machines. It sits for a long time at “installing package…” then times out with this exception:

Edit: I logged in as the robot and tried to run the automation through Assistant, and the same thing happened - it sat at “installing…” for a while then failed. When I did it on my PC it worked fine in Assistant. So what could the difference be? What does “Available timed out” mean? Not exactly a useful error message.

* RemoteException wrapping System.TimeoutException: Available timed out. ---> RemoteException wrapping System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Connection.d__31.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient`1.<>c__DisplayClass21_1`1.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__9`1.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient`1.<>c__DisplayClass21_1`1.b__2(Exception ex)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__9`1.MoveNext()
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__88.MoveNext()
* Start Time: 03/06/2023 8:15:49 PM
* End Time: 03/06/2023 8:36:36 PM

Hi @postwick

I’m having some issues with machines that have only the Assistant installed (either attended or unattended). It seems in the latest version, I’m using 22.10.5, there are some packages installed with the Studio that are not installed with Assistant only. Although the error messages I’m seeing are different than yours, I’d recommend to install the Studio in one of these machines to test if that is the case.

I hope that helps.

1 Like

Appreciate the advice, but these are QA machines and do have full Studio installed.

Update…

I remoted into the server, using the same robot account, and opened the project in Studio. It took over a half hour while it was saying “restoring dependencies” and then it finally opened. Now, of course, the job will run (on that robot/server) because the dependencies are now local. But we shouldn’t have to do that, so what would cause it to take SOOOOO long to download and install dependencies?